Some personal information about Jane Gillespie
- I am a mother, grandmother and great-grandmother
- I was an Army officer’s wife for 24 years so am well-versed in ceremony
- I write romantic fiction but believe absolutely in the fact of romance
- I believe listening and communicating benefit all relationships
- I love, love, love my work as a marriage celebrant!
- I support same sex marriage, marriage equality & am LGBTQIA friendly
In my working life I’ve been a secretary, bookkeeper, office manager, payroll clerk, bank teller, public speaker, group facilitator and counsellor but the best job ever has been since I was appointed as a civil marriage celebrant in 2004.
Today I wear three professional hats: marriage celebrant, writer and counsellor.
I’ve had two books published, have written several as yet unpublished novellas and am currently editing a full-length novel about relationships.
In my counselling practice I specialise in one-on-one support for cancer patients and carers plus I facilitate weekly support groups for Life Force Cancer Foundation (www.lifeforce.org.au).